Thursday, May 22, 2008

ION: A Retrospective (Sort of)

A good way into the MMO industry: The media. Become a member of the press, and you'll forge these great relationships with higher-ups in the industry. And when you're ready for a job, you ask. Only problem for me is that I don't want to be a part of the media. It's a rough job. So I'm going to have to find another way in. Like my summer internship, for example.

Meanwhile, I need to figure out how I can play PotBS over the summer. My laptop's a Mac, so that's out. It's looking more and more like I can't ship my computer, since it's too expensive. Renting a computer is possible, but nowhere seems to be able to tell me the specs of their computers, so I have no idea if they have a video card capable of playing ANY game, let alone PotBS. I mean, I need SOMETHING to keep me entertained on nights and weekends. I can't rely on my coworkers for that all the time. Oh, and I'll have no television, so that's out too. I'll keep thinking, I guess.

Also also, seeing Indiana Jones tonight. My expectations aren't high, but I'm sure even if it's not great I'll still enjoy the action. How can you not love Harrison Ford? Oh, also, I was at 30 Rock yesterday, and apparently he was just upstairs. Some of the tourists got to meet him. Not me, though.

No comments: